03 July 2006

Cooler weather ahead?


That seems to be the story we've been hearing for several days. So far it's just that, a story. You'd think as a native of Oklahoma I'd be fine with the warm. With no thyroid, I get hot and stay hot. Even Pat, who grew up in Hawaii and spent many, many years in California, loves the cool and wet. Needless to say, weather is often on our minds. Do we work in the garden today, or stay in and work in the house? Rain no longer is a deterrent, after all we live in Oregon!

I know that the roses are happy about the weather...and they need that warm sunshine to grow, as do many of the things in our gardens. Dahlias, even fuschias need a little sun. So I live with that touch of heat and rejoice that it's not around for months on end.

No comments: