It's fall, ah, it's been fall for about a month actually. The financial world and politics, and the global economy cannot stop the change of seasons. Reliable...they show up. And that is true here in the Pacific Northwest. Lots of color...more each day...except where the leaves are now completely gone...in which case the color is on the ground. Cool but sunny days, clear and chilly nights. The smell of firewood burning somewhere close by.
Walking the dog is a treat of sorts...watching birds, squirrels running around storing nuts, gathering leaves (nest reinforcement?), chatter chatter everywhere. Mother Nature hard at work. I'd love to ask the little critters what they think winter will be like. Snow? Lots of rain? Lots of wind and storms? They will sense these things long before we do. It would be nice to get their take.
I don't want to worry about holidays yet, just enjoy the view. Later I may add a photo or two of the great color in our area...just for effect. I love fall, hate to see the leaves finally give up and float to the ground. Trees completely bare of their leaves are a bit sad...no green, no red, no gold, just branches shivering against the cold as winter takes over.
But we aren't there yet! So for now I enjoy every drive I take, even if it's the same drive daily. I enjoy the walks with the dog. So much color, so much activity. The seasons on the march...nice.
24 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment