And we are...after five long years we're hoping that we've finally hit on the right professional, the right doctor, the one who figures out what's up with us and gets us on the right path. Since we've lived in our current home, we've had three doctors. We've interviewed several each time we've made a switch, done our best to ask questions, check things out. We've made our choices and still managed to be disappointed each time. Not enough attention to what we were saying, not enough follow through. I get upset if , when I need a med refilled, I get a call from the drs office asking if I know why I take the med in question. We do not like "machines"...those larger and larger offices of six, or eight, or ten doctors, with procedure services on the next floor, who own the building.
Too often we have found that someone is not listening, and it's not us. Too many unanswered questions, too easily a med is given for symptoms, but the underlying cause is unknown. NO MORE!! We have finally found a practice that gets it, that melds western and eastern medicine. That can tell us why a test is needed, what they think they'll find, and the path to righting our listing ships.
Health care is a struggle in many ways, insurances costs, out of pocket costs, test that in the end show nothing...which is positive and negative at the same time. Putting together all those puzzle pieces and making sense of the assortment of symptoms...and taking it one step further...finding the root cause of our distress. I want intelligent doctors that are engaged. I want insurance that doesn't presume to know as much about medicine as my doctor. I want a system that works, people that are bright and accountable. So, we're slowly finding that. I can hunt for better doctors...it's a pain in the ass, but I can...and if need be, I will. So, I have yet to find intelligent insurance...that helps me, not penalize me, not try to tell me what meds I should need, or what treatments help 85% of all patients. I want care in all senses that works for me...not that someone else says should work, but that I SAY WORKS. We can find the medical professionals we need...we need help getting the insurance to go with that...
23 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment