04 September 2009

Seasons and Sports

The calendar hasn't verified it yet, but it's fall. Baseball is all about the playoffs. Pro football is almost out of preseason...and college football is underway. I saw an exercise in poor judgement last night, by players on opposing teams. One, on the winning team, taunted and tapped the shoulder of a player on the losing team. The loser punched the guy square in the jaw. His season ended then. The player who started it will be "disciplined", but not suspended. They should both have been suspended for several games...the guy who threw the punch for more...but they both should have been suspended. Not how the game should be played or represented. Sad for both teams.

On the other hand, right now my baseball team looks headed for the playoffs. They are doing well and I'm not saying any more, lest I jinx them.

The same is true of my college team. They won tonight and showed good defense and the new offense guys did well. I've been out of college for a long time, but I am thrilled when they are on tv up here as I rarely see them play. But, tonight I did and I'm proud of their effort.

Oh, and the leaves are starting that change of seasons too. Not just sports...trees are losing leaves, leaves are changing color. The smell of fall is in the air and cold, rainy nights are not too far away now. Fall, it's the best time of the year...

No comments: