The calendar says it's still summer, but I'm hoping our current weather sticks around a while. Gray skies, chilly breezes, rain...yeah, this is the weather I hoped for here. Time to consider all the fall garden planting; change the landscape for a new look next spring. We do have lots to plant...trees, grasses, shrubs. And a few things to move. And lots of prep work...most of which we won't likely do ourselves. We are after all, not as young as we used to be.
There is something about the smell of fall...rain cleansing the air, fires in fireplaces, color...color everywhere. Makes me feel like a kid again...and after all, it is said that smell is one of the bigger triggers of memory. I have to agree! Many a time I've stopped whatever I was doing because a smell transported me back to a much earlier time in life.
All in all, it's not been a bad summer...not enough moisture, but hey...less hot than last year! Less heat is always good. Now that we're starting to get teased with rainfall, we can begin (fingers crossed) to cut back on all the watering we need to do. Lots of watering that first year until plants are well established. And, what heat we did have fried a few things, but most have managed to survive. So far.
Now it would be ok for the sun to be out, but there needs to be a good breeze and a high of about 60...maybe 65. A few clouds would not hurt...but it would be ok to have a few breaks with blue skies. But, that's not happening today it seems. And that's ok too. It's just about right...don't need the heat on, or the a/c...what could be better?
17 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment