24 June 2006

Thoughts on a warm Saturday

It's Saturday and it's me, 3 cats, and the dog. Pat is in the Bay Area and summer is arriving very quickly. After the wonderful chill of spring it will be quite a shock to the system! Even with all the animals, there are times when I feel very alone. I guess that explains how much I've been on the phone today. I've lost the sense of being comfortable when there's not another human around. I've filled time with watering lots of plants, chasing the pup, watching a baseball game. I marvel at the sudden heat, hoping it leaves as suddenly as it arrived. The cats may be content to laze about but it's too toasty for me. I've retreated to the cool of the house and the comforts of iced tea. Even as it gets dark, and the breeze is cooler, I'm glad for this refuge and the feel of the cool air. Tomorrow will be worse, but I can run errands early, and avoid the hot afternoon.

No comments: